The Women’s Officer is the key representative of women members on the executive of the CLP, and works to ensure that women are fully involved in the work of the local party, as well as, taking a leading role in making sure that the campaigning work of the constituency reaches out and engages with women voters.
As Women’s Officer, you need to be friendly and approachable, organised, able to run events and above all be prepared to work hard to ensure that women members have a real voice within the local party.
Key Responsibilities and tasks
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Making sure that women members are included in all of the party’s activities and that meetings are relevant and accessible to women.
- Reaching out to women in the wider community through local campaigns, and working with women’s organisations in the constituency to engage women voters, highlight issues, and get a better deal for local women.
- Bringing women together to empower each other and gain the knowledge and skills they need get involved.
- Running events for women members, including training, policy development and social events.
- Working to recruit more women into the Labour party and helping to make sure that women members make the jump from member to activist.
- Listening to women’s views and ensuring that they are reflected in Labour’s policy making.
- You will be on the CLP’s executive committee, and play a key role in decision making and strategy within your CLP.