A strong and dynamic CLP Secretary can ensure an outward-looking and vibrant local Labour Party. This role suits an organised individual who can work as part of a team, show initiative and is able to juggle many responsibilities.
As Secretary you will act as a Labour Party figurehead in your constituency and it will be you who makes your party a strong, vibrant, welcoming and effective unit.
Key Responsibilities and tasks
- Work with other officers to put together a 12 month development plan, covering specific targets such as elections, campaign organising and capacity building
- Set up effective digital and traditional communication systems
- Maintain accurate contact details for members using MemberCentre and Organise, and providing membership information to other officers as required
- Work to ensure your CLP is welcoming and friendly to new people, well organised and an open and fair place where members feel involved and have a stake in the direction of the CLP
- Support the CLP to be an active, campaigning local movement where local members are encouraged to get involved as much as possible
- Develop a strong and consistent communications strategy, making sure that all of your members are well informed on party activity
- Ensure Standing Orders are up to date and comply with Labour Party rules.